Houseplant carpet damage is most prevalent in households where the floor is completely covered with carpet and houseplants have to be placed on it. They can result in widespread damage to the carpet due to various reasons such as the spread of leaves, soil, moisture or water leakage, microbes, insects, etc. Therefore, it is important to take precautionary steps to prevent houseplants from damaging the carpets while in case the damage has already occurred then a process should be performed in order to restore the carpet. In this article, we will explain a houseplant carpet damage restoration process with the help of which people will be able to restore their carpets and avoid the need to purchase a new carpet.
Precautionary measures to avoid carpet damage due to houseplants
A few important precautionary measures have been listed below following which people will be able to prevent houseplants from damaging the carpets or reduce the need to perform houseplant carpet damage restoration process to a greater degree. Some of the significant precautionary measures are as follows:
- We recommend keeping the plants in wide pots so that they do not come directly in contact with the carpet underneath. The pots should be selected carefully so that they are able to appropriately hold the plants and prevent them from damaging the carpet.
- Pots should be kept away from the doors or areas where there is a possibility of high wind flow because the wind will result in spreading leaves and soil in the pots to other parts of the building and result in damaging the carpet.
- We recommend filling the pots with soil to an appropriate level, as excessive soil will only fall and spread to other parts of the building, in turn, damaging the carpets.
- Plants should be watered in a highly careful manner so that only an appropriate amount of water has been provided while efforts should be made to prevent it from leaking to the carpet.
Steps to restore carpets from houseplant damage effects
Some of the important steps involved in houseplant carpet damage restoration are as follows:
- The first step is the process is the implementation of all the precautionary measures that have been described in an earlier section of the article as they will significantly reduce the need for the restoration process.
- The areas of the carpet that have been affected by water damage should be properly dried and sanitized so that it does not spread to other parts of the carpet.
- Carpet should be vacuum cleaned properly so as to remove soil and fallen leaves that have spread to different areas of the carpet.
- After a few months, steam-cleaning process should be performed in order to sanitize the carpets and limiting the probability of health hazards in the building.