Professional upholstery cleaning is usually very expensive. The prices vary. However, the price may reach about $150 to $200 for a typical 8-foot-long sofa depending on how dirty it is and the effort exerted to get it clean.
Sometimes, professional upholstery cleaning is required and it totally worth the price. They provide you with the best services and expertise. However, if you know what you are doing, you can clean your upholstery at home.
If you have small furniture messes, you can do it at home. This can save you a lot of money and maintain your furniture. You should be aware of the terms used in the upholstery cleaning industry in order to be able to figure out how to clean it efficiently.
You should follow these steps.
1. You should test all the products you are going to use first. Test them in an area that cannot be seen. Test for colorfastness and shrinkage.
2. If you are going to make your cleaning products at home, make them eco-friendly. They are safe and non-toxic. In addition, make it water-based.
3. The best upholstery cleaner is the mixture of one cup of warm water with a bar of high-quality dishwashing soap. Use an electric mixer to turn liquid into a thick foam.
4.Before cleaning, remove all furniture cushions.
5. Use vacuum detachment to vacuum surfaces thoroughly.
6. Rub the foam cleaner you made onto your furniture using a soft-bristled brush.
7. Use a spatula to remove the foam.
8. Use a clean piece of cloth to remove any remaining suds.
9. Notice that using too much water is not good. It causes fabric shrinkage and does not remove stains.
10. Do not use cleaning solutions on wood accents.
11. Leave your furniture to dry completely.
• Cleaning Leather Couch:
Here is how you can clean your leather couch.
1. Add drops of moisturizing soap to a damp washcloth.
2. Wipe off an area of the leather upholstery.
3. Remove the soap using another clean piece of cloth.
4. Use a dry washcloth to buff.
5. Repeat these steps until the whole leather couch becomes clean.
You should vacuum leather at least twice per month in between deep cleanings. In addition, deal with any kind of stains or spots immediately.
A leather couch is very easy to clean if you know what you are going to do. Upholstery cleaning is also an easy task that can be done at home.